Top Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring an Outsourcing Partner
The decision to outsource can be transformative for many contact centers, offering the potential for reduced costs and access to a broader talent pool. However, with the rise of various outsourcing models, including GigCX providers that cater to specific, localized needs, it's crucial to understand what benchmarks your team needs to establish before making an informed decision.
In today's rapidly changing business environment, it's essential to partner with an outsourcing firm that not only aligns with your company's goals but also provides scalable solutions tailored to your unique customer base. Let's dive deep into the top mistakes contact centers often make and how to avoid them.
1. Overlooking Cultural Alignment
Mistake: Not considering the cultural fit between the outsourcing provider and your brand.
When seeking an outsourcing partner, it’s important to focus on providers that share similar values, work ethic, and understand the nuances of your target demographic. This can include cultural expectations and matching the language or dialect of your customer base. This ensures seamless integration and a consistent customer experience. For example, if you’re a home services company that services a small region, outsourcing to a global provider may deter customers from feeling like they are getting personalized service from someone who knows their community.
2. Ignoring Scalability
Mistake: Partnering with a firm that cannot grow with your business.
When looking for an outsourcing partner, consider a provider that can support you through all seasons of your business, especially the busy season. A strong partner should be able to fluctuate with your customer demand. Be sure your outsourcing partner is capable of ramping up or down based on your needs, ensuring you're never over or under-resourced.
3. Not Reviewing Technological Competency
Mistake: Neglecting to ensure the partner's technological infrastructure meets your requirements.
A tech stack audit is vital. Ensure the outsourcing firm has up-to-date systems, including CRM tools, and offers seamless integrations with your existing solutions. They should also have up-to-date security measures in place to ensure your customer information is protected at all times.
4. Forgoing Quality Training
Mistake: Assuming the partner will provide ample training to their agents.
Quality assurance is paramount. Before finalizing a partnership, request information about the training programs they offer. Ensuring that agents are well-equipped to handle customer needs will lead to higher satisfaction rates. A successful partnership with an outsourcing provider may require collaboration during onboarding to make sure their agents are aligned with your training requirements. Don’t assume that a partner will have the right training to meet the specifics of your customer experience.
5. Neglecting Customer Needs
Mistake: Not aligning outsourcing strategies with customer demands and preferences.
It’s important to clearly understand your customer needs to narrow in on the right outsourcing partner, whether onshore, nearshore, or GigCX. Are they looking for 24/7 support? Do they prefer localized support or would they be okay with offshore support? Once you have a clear picture, you can select a partner that specializes in catering to those specific needs.
6. Over-emphasizing Cost Savings
Mistake: Choosing a partner solely based on cost.
While cost is a vital consideration, it shouldn't overshadow quality. Cheap doesn’t always mean great. An inferior customer experience can lead to higher churn rates, negating any initial savings.
7. Overlooking GigCX Providers
Mistake: Not considering GigCX providers that offer specialized, localized talent.
GigCX providers, especially those like ShyftOff that only provide US-based talent to their partners, offer a unique proposition: agents who understand local culture, dialects, and market trends. For businesses targeting the US market, this can be invaluable.
What to Review Before Making a Decision
Before you dive into a partnership, it's crucial to:
- Analyze Your Needs: Understand the specific requirements of your contact center. This includes volume, hours of operation, and specific services required.
- Check Reviews & References: Don't just take the partner's word for it. Dive into case studies, ask for references, and scour online reviews to gauge their reliability and performance.
- Meet with the Operations Team: Build a strong relationship with the operating team that manages your potential outsourced agents. This can give invaluable insights into their processes, work environment, and technology.
- Assess Training Protocols: The quality of training provided to agents is directly proportional to the service quality your customers will receive. Ensure the training aligns with your brand's voice and values.
- Understand the Contract: Go through the contract thoroughly. Look for hidden costs, service level agreements, and terms related to scalability and termination.
In conclusion, while outsourcing can offer a plethora of benefits to contact centers, it's crucial to make informed decisions. Avoiding the mistakes outlined above and conducting thorough due diligence can ensure a fruitful partnership that propels your brand to greater heights.
For more insights on outsourcing, you might be interested in the following resources from our blog:
- Exploring the Types of Contact Center Outsourcing
- Why Turn to U.S. Call Center Outsourcing Companies?
- What are the Costs for Outsourcing Customer Service?
Interested in outsourcing your contact center with GigCX?
Contact our team to get started.